I know everyone was waiting for my return...
My last post was such a downer that I feel compelled to post again. Since my last post, I have been to DC to discuss and plan the new position and I am feeling much better about it for a few reasons. I have decided to accept it.
1) If I did not take it, I do not think we would fill it. So I would have ended up with many of the responsibilities but no chance at extra money or the title change. The title change starts Monday but no word on the salary.
2) It really is a good opportunity. The chance to advance does not happen everyday and if they eventually hired someone I could not work with, I would kick myself for not taking it.
3) I make a pretty good living as it is, so I cannot complain too much in the salary department.
4) Four people who I trust said that they would do all the could to get me an additional salary piece. That kind of support, even if ultimately successful, is hard to turn down and awfully inspiring.
So, here we go. The new job officially starts Monday, but the transition started a week or so ago.