Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Back without a vengeance

I want to use this to track my progress again. I started out 2011 at 250 lbs and relatively quickly got down around 220 following a low carb diet and occasional exercise. I lifted for a couple of months during the summer of 2012 and proceeded to injure my left rotator cuff. Throw in a few brief periods of cardio and bicycle commuting and I have been 220 +/-5 for the last several months.

I have decided to get on it again. My goal is to get down to 190 and around 15% body fat. I hope that will allow me to get off this blood pressure medication. I will basically follow the Primal Blueprint fitness model with around 3-5 hours of 55-75% of max heart cardio, two or three days of resistance exercise and 1 day of sprints. I already follow the nutrition recommendations so I should be good there.

So, today I started with 220 lbs. and 29% body fat according to our scale. I know that this kind of body fat measure is fairly poor but I just plan to use it to measure the general direction I am heading. Started today with 45 minutes of cardio on the elliptical and resistance training. Feels good so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment